Monday, September 27, 2010

Not so fast food

Thought we'd be lazy today and just pick up some lunch from a fast food joint, which shall remain nameless. We were out at Floriade checking out the flowers, as you do when Spring comes and the days get nicer and the flowers come out. We figured since we were going to be a little short on time, we'd just get some take away for lunch so that we could concentrate on giving our little Peanut his lunch and then getting him down for an afternoon nap. Unfortunately, we didn't allow for the incompetence of fast food workers in our well laid plans...

Quin: *places order*
Fast food worker (henceforth known as FFW): $6 burger + $7 burger + $6 chips... That'll be $19.
Quin: *hands over $50 note*
FFW: *enters it all in the till which says to give me $31 in change*
FFW: *looks at till in puzzlement. Takes out $30 in change, hands it to me and walks off*
Quin: Ummm, excuse me... Hello? You short changed me by $1. Can I have my $1 please?
FFW: Oh, sorry! *presses random buttons on till but can't get it open*

Anyway, we eventually sort that all out and I go and sit down to wait for my order. I figured the guy was just new and left it at that since I'm sure we've all been there and done that at some point or other in our lives. No biggie, mistakes happen right? BZZZT. WRONG! I should have taken that as a sign to check my order before I walked out of there. Silly, naive, trusting little me, I just walked out of there with my bag thinking that all my food was in the bag that they handed me. It wasn't until we got home and unpacked it that we realised a burger was missing. Sigh. So we had to make another trip back to the store and get the burger they owed us. Lucky they believed me when I said we weren't given the second burger and they made up another one for me.

I think in all, we wasted half an hour or more getting this food. And the first burger was cold and shitty by the time we got home with the second one. So it was a pretty crapola lunch all round. That'll teach me for thinking that fast food will actually save me any time. Next time, I'm going straight for the instant noodles if I need a quick lunch. At least, I know I won't screw those up. And if I do, it'll be no one's fault but my own...

No comments:

Post a Comment