Saturday, August 28, 2010

Driving fail

So, today I managed to scrape under the front bumper of our car coming out of a driveway and also get beeped for turning in front of oncoming traffic at the traffic lights. All within the space of 5 minutes. Lucky I was only a couple more minutes away from home otherwise, who knows how much more trouble I could have gotten myself into. The scrape was me coming out of a driveway I've been in and out of many times before, all with no problems. So I have no idea how I managed to do it at such an angle and I could bump the front of the car on the road. I blame the car for being so damn low to the ground in the first place. Bah.

Not giving way at the lights though, that was just me not paying attention and also forgetting the rules of the road because I don't drive enough. How on earth did I get my license again?? This is why we should be retested every time we have to renew our licenses. At least that way, I'd have a reason to get out and practice driving more often so I don't forget important things like who gives way when, how to reverse park, why stalling at the traffic lights is bad when you're at the front of the extremely long queue and how not to react when everyone is beeping at you and cursing in your general direction...

Sigh. Must find a way to make a crap ton of money so I can just pay someone to drive me around. That way, I can get my menace self off the roads and someone else gets paid to be my chauffeur. It's a win-win for all involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment