Friday, March 18, 2011

Dammit Google, stop being so smart!

I signed up for a gmail account and used an email address that I had previously created a google account with. Google has decided that since I now have a gmail account linked to this address, everything that I ever used this other Google account for will now be taken over by my gmail account! Arrgghh! That was particularly annoying when I logged into my Khan academy account and found I'd lost all my medals and points and progress. I managed to fix that one but now I've found my blog has been moved over to my gmail account too and I can't change that. Oh well, guess it's not the end of the world. Yet.

The reason I signed up to gmail was because I got a new Android phone and now I'm Googlising my life. Yes, Google is taking over the world. My world anyway. It's already my home page and the place I go whenever I want to find anything on the internet. I haven't willingly gone to another search engine for years (though I do sometimes install something that changes my home page to another search engine, which I promptly remove). I love you Google, why won't you love me back???

Anyway, my new phone is awesome. I got a HTC Desire HD. It's a big change from my old Nokia, which is about 3 years old now. It's so shiny and pretty and there are games! Games I can actually play and enjoy on the huge touch screen! Plus, there are so many features to explore and things to customise! Oh boy! I knew I should have waited until after the GAMSAT to buy this phone. I do have one deterrent that's keeping me from spending too much time on my new phone right now. I don't have a screen protector and cover for it yet. And in true Asian fashion, I'm scared of scratching or damaging it in any way and I want to keep it in pristine condition for as long as I can. Did I mention that I kept the little plastic screen sticker on my last phone until only about a month or so ago? The only reason I took it off was because one corner of it was starting to peel up and collect yucky stuff under it. Yes, I have issues... No, the sticker peeling off was not the catalyst to me getting this new phone. Not that I'm willing to admit anyway :)

No comments:

Post a Comment