Wednesday, March 2, 2011

At the risk of repeating myself...

Holy smokes, 30 minutes flies just flies when you're trying to squeeze a whole essay into (or out of) it. Why can't my work days pass like this?? Especially those long Friday afternoons where one minute can seem like an hour and the weekend is so tantalisingly close you can almost smell it.

I think it's the effect of adrenalin. I do have the occasional day at work where time does go by quickly, but they're mostly because I'm trying to meet some deadline that's looming in the next day or so. Or the next hour or so. Those are fun. I am an adrenalin junkie... Maybe that's the real reason I'm doing the GAMSAT even though I'm pretty certain my score will be embarrassingly crap. When you think of it this way, it's actually pretty cost effective. A ride at an amusement park or show will cost about $5-$15 dollars for a few minutes of stomach churning, dizzying, adrenalin inducing fun. For $374, I'll get 5.5. hours of gut twisting, panic inducing exam. And let's not forget the weeks of stress beforehand. Bargain! Dunno why I didn't do this before!

Oh well, 24 days and all this will be over for this year. I'll take a week or two off and let my brain melt a bit before going back to studying the sciences and reading the news and writing more so I can be better prepared for next year. I look forward to it actually. I'm enjoying learning something new every day. I don't think I could go back to the days when I just goofed off on facebook or whatever, playing games to kill time. It reminds me of how I felt back when I was studying for my first degree. I feel a lot more switched on and I think it shows through in my work and every day life too. I hope that I will get into med school one day but even if I don't, I know I've benefited from going on this journey anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment