Saturday, February 19, 2011

Not dead, just panicking

Well, I've been quietly freaking out since I registered to do the GAMSAT. The quiet freaking is because I haven't really told anyone other than my husband and one of my sisters that I'm doing this. I figure since this is probably going to be a practice run for me, I don't need to tell anyone else just yet. I could just imagine all my friends and relatives if/when they hear about my plans...

"How are your studies going dear?"

"Have you got your results yet?"

"Did you get into med school"

"Why do you want to give up IT for medicine anyway?"

"Have ya though about going into accounting/forestry/tap dancing instead?"

"Geez you're crazy. Craaaazyyy I tells ya"

Yeah, definitely don't want to hear any of that just yet.

I've been looking through the lists of things that other people have studied or thought they needed to study for previous GAMSATs and that's been another source of worry for me. Coming from an IT background, it's been quite awhile since I've done anything science related. I'll probably do a prep course before trying this again next year but I want to get an idea of what I need to work on before I do that.

Anyway, I'd better stop procrastinating here and get back to doing some study so that when 26/3 comes along, I don't feel like I've walked into a foreign language exam by mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment