Friday, January 28, 2011

Do I or don't I?

The GAMSAT registration closes in a few days. 2nd of Feb to be exact. I haven't registered yet. At this point, I'm not sure if I can do it. I know I'm nowhere near ready to take the exam. Just the thought of it is enough to give me heart palpitations...

*Okay, breathe Quin. Just breathe*

Am I crazy for wanting to do this? It's a lot of money and I'm certain that if I do this, it will be a practice for me so I can get an idea of how much more preparation I need to do for next year. So why am I so damn nervous and ready to run for the hills at the thought of it?? I think I'm out of practice with taking exams. I damn near had a panic attack when I did a music theory exam a couple of years ago. And that one was easy. I prepared for months before and I knew the exam format backwards. And I was still a nervous wreck. I can't imagine what I'll be like going into the GAMSAT where I'll have paid a heap more money to sit an exam that has so much more riding on it. Holy cow. I'll be reduced to a quivering puddle of nerves on the floor under my desk.

Arghh. Okay. I have a couple more days to (over)think about this. I'll make my decision by the end of this weekend. Onto the good stuff.

Today's good things:

1. Mid term performance review at work today. My supervisor is happy with my work and thinks I do more than would be expected for a part timer. Yay! It's nice to be appreciated and to feel like my contribution is being noticed :)

2. It's Friday! As much as I enjoy my job (most of the time) it's great when the end of the week comes. A whole weekend of Peanut and family and friends... What could be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment