Friday, December 10, 2010

Hmm, I must be psychic

I had a dream on Sunday that the geneticist told us that neither me or D had the same gene mutation that Peanut has. It was a weird dream, with a whole bunch of other things going on in it but that was the part that I remembered most. On Monday afternoon, my phone rings at work and it's the genetic counselor. Our test results were in and neither of us had the gene mutation. How odd. I love random things like that. It's probably just a coincidence but it's nice anyway.

On other matters, Peanut seems to be doing quite well. We have another appointment at the cleft clinic next Thursday to see the plastic surgeon. I wonder if they'll have a look inside Peanut's mouth. We've been trying to get glimpses but he has a small mouth and he doesn't usually open it wide enough or tilt it at the right angles when he does open it so that we can actually see anything. How inconvenient of him...

So, I wonder how Peanut would feel about a little brother or sister... Although, I imagine he must love being an only child (and grandchild on my side of the family). Everyone adores him and spoils him rotten. But he's such a sweet kid, I can't imagine him actually turning into a spoiled brat. And he'd better not if he knows what's good for him. Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment